Tuesday 3 May 2016

A Broken Water Heater Leads To Water Damage Extraction

I had a huge mess to clean up after the water heater in my basement finally decided to stop working. The water damage restoration Austin had been dripping for a while, but I was able to catch the water with a bucket. 

One day while I was at work, the water heater began leaking large amounts of water into my basement. When I came home and noticed that the hot water wasn't working when I tried to wash my hands, I went to the basement and found water everywhere. The water had been in the basement for so long that it caused damage. 

Not only did I have to pay for a new water heater to be installed, but I also had to pay for water damage extraction. I had some money saved in case something like this happened, but it was still a major annoyance to have to pay for these things. I knew a plumber, so I was able to get the water heater installed for a fraction of the cost. The plumber was able to recommend a company to me that handles water damage. Some mold had grown in the basement, but the extraction team eliminated it before it turned into a bigger problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment